Sunday, October 31, 2010

Taking the Cake

Tonight, there was supposed to be a small party for four of my friends that have birthdays coming up. I, with the help of some friends, made a big chocolate cake last night in my dorm's kitchen for the party tonight. I made this cake from scratch, put tons of frosting on it, and about an inch thick layer of rainbow sprinkles. It was beautiful and I was very excited to present it to my friends tonight; however, sometimes things don't got as planned and I figured this out upon looking in the fridge to find someone had stolen my entire cake! It was gone, completely gone, like it had never been created in the first place! So, as you can imagine, I was very sad and angry. But this is a Love blog, and here is the beautiful part that came out of this ugly situation: I realized that I have found some very good friends. They knocked on every door in the dorm to find the cake (or, at least to find my cake pan) and when no one confessed we walked to the County Market together and bought a tub of ice cream to share! It turned into a great night of bonding and opened my eyes to all of the beauty and wonderful people that surround me on a daily basis. I am truly blessed to have these people in my life.
Also, I now know that for every one person who steals a cake, there are at least ten people who will make sure you don't miss it.  

Now, lets got down to business...to defeat the huns! Just kidding, let's talk about the thing that everybody loves, CHEESE!!!
Today, I am featuring a Wisconsin original: Wisconsin Pepperjack
WI Pepper Jack cheese uneqivocally blends a decadent creamy texture with a peppery kick. Some may be hesitant to try this cheese on account of it's spicy nature, but I can tell you right now that it is merely a mild spice. Enough pepper to bring out the flavor but not near enough to make me stop eating it any time soon (trust me, I am very sensative to hot things and often shy away from them).
When asked how one would describe this cheese, my fellow cheese heads had this to say:
"Creamy, peppery, and all around delicious!" 
"Spicy, very flavorful."
Upon discussing what this cheese would be best with, most said it was best plain (this is where I also stand) while others said that it tastes especially good on top of Ranch flavored Wheat Thins or melted over chicken. 
Well, there you have it, sample it at your next party but be sure to buy more than you think you'll need because it will go fast! 
Cheesemeter Rating: 4/5. 
ttys, 
Sig.
P.s. These cheese reviews will get better. I am just in the process of becoming a cheese connoissuer, so the reviews will get better as I learn more about cheese.   

1 comment:

  1. Happy Halloween to you, dear Signe! I love your spirit:)

    ReplyDelete