Wednesday, November 10, 2010

All the Small Things

Ok, I know I was supposed to post a few days ago, but I have been getting swamped with homework and registration for next semester and just everything! So, yeah, I have some time to post now and I will finally give you a post about cheese, because I know that is the only reason you ever started reading this blog.
Habanero Cheese:
This stuff is hot! Like, really hot!
If you are a guy reading this, just imagine Taylor Swift or Jessica Alba or some swedish supermodel and this cheese is ten times hotter than all of them!
If your a girl, think of Dante from 'Sex and the City' and, yes, this cheese is even hotter than him...and completely attainable!
haha, ok, just kidding.
I tried this cheese last week with a friend and it was very spicy...go figure, right? The name couldn't possibly be a prelude to the taste or anything...
Even though I am not one for spicy foods, I thoroughly enjoyed this cheese (in very small portions of course) There is one thing i would like to note about this cheese: it is a lot creamier than the Wisconsin Pepper Jack I featured earlier. Me, being extrmemly inexperienced in the dairy department, didn't believe there could be a creamier cheese than WI PJ. Alas, I have spoken to soon and the Habanero trumps the WI PJ in creaminess any day. Habanero is perfect for a cheese and crackers snack because it is best in small amounts.
Cheesemeter Rating: 3/5 - I would prefer something with the same level of creaminess or more but I did not like setting my mouth aflame for the sake of writing this blog.

--------
Now for some lovin'!
Like I said, this week has been hell with homework by the stack, late nights, and class registration. But no matter how exhausted and stressed I am, there is one simple, little thing that never fails to brighten my day. I love it when people hold the door open for others! It is such a wonderful little gesture! I think that holding doors open is kind of a lost generosity in society, but I have been noticing it more often here at Northland and I try real hard to hold doors open for others. But, as with any small thing, they tend to get easily forgotten. I really appreciate it when people hold the door for me, so I am making a promise right here, right now to always hold the door open! It's something small that I can do to spread kindness and make the world just a tiny bit brighter.
I put a post it note on my desk to make sure I actually stick to this promise.

Your mission#1: hold the door open for at least one person a day for the next week.
Your Mission #2: Tell the next person you talk to what you appreciate about them or just say 'I love you'. You will make someone's day :)
I love all of you reading this!
Peace,
-Sig.

No comments:

Post a Comment